Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Guitar Tab section

Started by lewisar, August 22, 2024, 07:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewisar

New user here, so apologies if the answer to this is obvious, but I'm unable to work it out at the moment!

I have some Chordpro files which include directives such as {sot}, {define} etc, which are apparently ignored by BandHelper. I don't mind this too much apart from the Tab sections {sot}...{eot}, which I use to remind myself of a guitar intro for example. These are formatted in monospace fonts in Chordpro, but not so in BandHelper, so the 'strings/frets' don't line up.

Is there a way to specify that text between specific Chordpro directives should be formatted in a given way every time? It might be nice to format {chorus} differently as well for example, but mostly I want a monospace font for tab inserts!

Thanks for any advice.

arlo

BandHelper can't mix different fonts in the Lyrics field. You can either move your tabs into the Chords field, which is always monospace, or leave them in the Lyrics field and change Settings > Appearance > Lyrics Font to one of the monospace options.

Also, BandHelper doesn't do formatting based on ChordPro directives. It can ChordPro-style square brackets for chords-over-lyrics positioning, but to add formatting to text you would have to use the formatting toolbar above the Lyrics field (bold, color, etc).