Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Sorting songs on an iPad

Started by NeilS, August 25, 2024, 09:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilS

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I could not figure out how to sort songs in the app on my iPad. I clicked on the "Edit Layout" and then click on "Edit Song List" - but can't find a way to actually change the order of songs (or delete them.)

Any suggestions on what I should do from there?

arlo

I think you're asking about sequencing the songs within the set list. Did you already make a set list or have you not done that yet?

NeilS

Yes that is what I'm asking and yes, i create the set lists on the computer and was a gig this weekend and the band changed the order a few of the songs. Luckily it was easy changes to follow but if it had been more complicated it would have been a problem.

arlo

Now I'm more confused about what you're asking. Is the rest of the band using BandHelper? Who is deciding to play the songs in a different order? What are you wanting BandHelper to do in that situation?

NeilS

Sorry for the confusion. All I want is to change the order of songs in a setlist on my ipad.

arlo

You can go to Repertoire > Set Lists > [set list name] > Edit Songs, then drag the "grip" icon to the right of each song.

NeilS

Thanks, that makes sense. Was confused by the "Edit Songs" under the Edit Layout.

Could that be a feature request to have the ability to edit the song list within the setlist itself? I know its just one step back and one step back into the set list but it would seem to me to make sense to move things right in the list that is in use. Maybe that's just me  ;D

arlo

The app isn't designed for building or editing set lists while you perform, but there are several ways to select songs out of order during a performance that don't require literally editing the set list. See "HOW CAN I ADD SONGS OR REARRANGE MY SET LIST WHILE PERFORMING" in the FAQ:

https://www.bandhelper.com/support/FAQ.html