Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Feature Request: Notes for introductions between songs

Started by ChrisMikolaj, August 26, 2024, 02:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisMikolaj

Hey Arlo, hope you're doing well!

We just had a discussion with our band as we want to improve our performances on stage in terms of introductions to songs, "smalltalk" and some information between songs.

As it's not super easy for most of us to spontaneously talk something about the songs, I wanted to request a feature or ask for a best way to handle this.

Is it somehow possible to add something between songs as a new "recordtype" (such as breaks, links, etc.) to take notes what to say between songs?

I'd imagine it being set up like songs, but as "speeches" in a way, that have similar/same options as songs, but are clearly NOT songs. Then we could add them similarly to breaks in between songs and know what we wanted to tell the audiences for crowd-work.

I hope it makes sense.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this!

Best regards,
Chris Mikolaj

arlo

I'm doing well and yes this makes sense!

If the topic is related to the next song, I would put that into the Notes field for the song ... or if you're already using the Notes field for other things and want to keep it separate, you can add a multi-line custom field named Introduction.

If the topic could go anywhere in a set, you can create pauses (Repertoire > Pause Names) and then fill in the Details field for the pauses and those will appear on your screen when you reach a pause.

ChrisMikolaj

Oh, of course! I didn't think the pause would hold the details information on screen as well. Sure, that makes sense.

Then maybe could it be possible to add certain colors to the pauses as well (currently it's not possible) to determine for example who in the band would take care of those interactions?

Otherwise we'd probably add the name of the speaker as a prefix to the name of the pause.

I think this should do the trick already. Colors would be the icing on the cake, but it's already a solution I didn't consider.

Thanks as always again! :)

arlo

Setting a color for a pause is not possible, but that's on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you.