Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Volume adjustment per song

Started by RickP, September 10, 2024, 07:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickP

Arlo,

There are songs that (despite great effort to equalize on a DAW) manage to be higher or lower in volume than needed. I did finally locate the place to override the song volume. Song Edit > Click recording name under Recordings > Scroll Down To Volume > +/- in 5% Increments

I have a few questions:

1. If I change this on my iPad, will it effect that change on any band iPad I play the song from?

2. If the above answer is no, is there a way to make a "global" edit to playback volume from the main computer side (not the iPad app)?

3. This could be a huge help to me, and really help balance some songs that I don't get a chance to play at gig volume through the PA before we're actually at the gig. If I could test them at sound check and fix them on the spot, this would be a real help when a FOH soundman isn't available. Any suggestions you can share would be appreciated!

Just completed my first year of use, and I'm glad I went with BandHelper over the others. It's worked well for us. Renewed for another year!

arlo

Changes to a recording's volume are synced across all devices.

I'm glad you're liking it overall!

RickP

Thanks Arlo, I'll be working on those fixes today.

And, yes, I'm certainly still digging using BandHelper. I recommend it regularly to people needing the things it does so well. Thanks again!