Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Partial syncing from second device

Started by Chris, August 13, 2015, 08:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Dear team,

last weekend I tried syncing my iPad Air with the iPad 3 of a band colleague of mine which basically went smoothly without any issues.
She created a new DB, synced with the server and had all my songs including lyrics and shows (not sure about the set- and pause-names though as I did not check).
We then changed two songs on her device:
First we added a song from one of her own databases (having lyrics) and afterwards deleting the same song which was already in our shared DB (not having the lyrics though).
She then added another song to our shared DB which was not yet present on my device and synced afterwards without any errors or similar.

Interestingly, my iPad then showed the song which was already present in the database before twice with both entries having the lyrics although her device only showed it once.
The second song she added from one of her databases did not sync to my device at all though.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for your support.
Chris

P.S: Sure you have had this before several times but your app is the best out there I did find so far using it as a professional musician! Thanks for the great work!

arlo

Interestingly, my iPad then showed the song which was already present in the database before twice with both entries having the lyrics although her device only showed it once.
The second song she added from one of her databases did not sync to my device at all though.

It would be best to send the Help > Request Tech Support message from both devices, specify in the messages which is which, and include the names of the songs in question. Then I can see what is happening.

P.S: Sure you have had this before several times but your app is the best out there I did find so far using it as a professional musician! Thanks for the great work!

You're welcome!

Chris

Hi Arlo,

User error... I thought she had copied the song in question to our shared database which she had not done yet...
The other error with the duplicates surely had to do with the same naming of the song.

I therefore assume that it is no programming problem.

Sorry for the unnecessary topic and thanks for your prompt response.

Chris