Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Luminair with SetList Maker

Started by Ruckman65, March 26, 2016, 06:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micklepickle

Nice! I didn't know about the additional automation capabilities in SetList Maker. Looks like I have some (more!) cool features to dig into.
Thanks much, guys. I'll let you know how it works out.

arlo

micklepickle

Well, I made great progress the past two days - and then hit a strange wall.

I got Setlist Maker automation up and running for a very small test. I added three MIDI presets to a song, and then tried a 20-second recording. As I hoped, I was able to record and play back the automation sequence.

Then it broke. Now, when I select a song with more than one MIDI preset, the first MIDI command executes on selection, but none of the others will activate. They all show up just fine in the automation window, but nothing happens when I press them (the command doesn't fire and the MIDI icon does not change color). This occurs whether or not I'm recording.

The good news is the link to Luminair is working nicely. When a MIDI command does execute in Setlist Maker, the lights change accordingly.

Except for one thing -  which is a low priority anyway. I added an App button to my Layout, which brought up Luminair. But when I pressed the "return to Setlist Maker" button on the Luminair screen, it returned to Setlist Maker as expected, but SM would usually hang. Nothing worked in Setlist Maker. I had to close the app and reload. I tried this several times. But again, not a big deal. Switching apps the old fashioned iPad way worked fine.

I'm happy to get this far though. Thanks to both of you for the tips.

arlo

Now, when I select a song with more than one MIDI preset, the first MIDI command executes on selection, but none of the others will activate. They all show up just fine in the automation window, but nothing happens when I press them (the command doesn't fire and the MIDI icon does not change color).

Please submit a help ticket for this: http://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia/

micklepickle

Issue resolved. Thanks for the help, Arlo!

Ruckman65

Hey micklepickle. Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Having the lights work with SetList Maker is like voodoo! How cool is it? I've started running videos into our projector to use on stage as well. SetList Maker has got to be the best app available (maybe closely followed by Luminair!) To have an app change the way you do things on stage for the better is fantastic. I've been a professional musician for almost 40 years and for most of that time, nothing changed. But, with the advent of iPds and SetList Maker, it changes everything for the better.

micklepickle

I have to agree. The power of SetList Maker extends well beyond managing set lists. I'm just getting started with lighting, but also use it send commands to my mixer to set effects for various songs. But even without those "geeky" extensions, I've yet to see a better tool for everyday musicians to manage set lists, chord charts and lyrics. I've been using it for several years and it's my primary tool for both on-stage and practice sessions.