Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Problems with Syncing App to Website

Started by Graeme Hague, June 23, 2021, 12:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graeme Hague

I've kind of brought this on myself, but ...

After Importing a Setlist Maker Database into Bandhelper on my Samsung Tablet, I then created a new folder in my Music Folder for all my backing track MP3s and began reattaching the Recordings -- around 70 tracks of about 550Mb total. After a while, Bandhelper kept crashing with a RAM errror, and I realised that as I was attaching the recordings, Bandhelper was also syncing and uploading them to the web GUI, and the tablet was choking.

So I turned off AutoSync and Cancelled the present syncing, then attached the recordings as needed. Next, I turned on the Sync and let the app do its thing in its own good time. But it still kept crashing and trying to upload the same songs (20-30 of them) over and over again.

Next, I uploaded all the songs through the web GUI using the zip folder Batch upload. This has worked fine, and now I'd expect the Sync function to recognise the songs are uploaded anyway, but upon starting Bandhelper the app still tries to upload those 20-30 songs at once and soon crashes. By the way, the default position for Auto-Sync is "on" and that happens when you restart the app. To avoid the upload, I have to hurry to the Sync settings and turn it off again.

Any ideas how I can stop the app trying to upload the recordings? I suppose I could delete the app, reinstall and sync everything back down again, but then it'll also download all the recordings, right?

Thanks

arlo

I would recommend cancelling the sync that the app is doing, then clicking Reset Local Data. That will remove any pending uploads and do a fresh download of all the data, including the recordings you batch-uploaded to the website.

For future reference, there's no need to copy your recordings to BandHelper's local folder or reattach them after importing from Set List Maker. Just do the batch-upload to the website and they will download to all your devices automatically.

Graeme Hague

Quote from: arlo on June 23, 2021, 09:50:46 AM
I would recommend cancelling the sync that the app is doing, then clicking Reset Local Data. That will remove any pending uploads and do a fresh download of all the data, including the recordings you batch-uploaded to the website.

For future reference, there's no need to copy your recordings to BandHelper's local folder or reattach them after importing from Set List Maker. Just do the batch-upload to the website and they will download to all your devices automatically.

Thanks Arlo, I'll try it. Yes, I started doing things backwards. I didn't use Bandhelper's local folder. So does this mean that after the recordings have downloaded, they'll be in a different (Bandhelper Local) folder and I might as well delete the Music folder I created earlier?

Thanks!

arlo