Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

elapsed timer question

Started by wakevortex, August 05, 2017, 02:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakevortex

Hi all

took the plunge for the first time last night and used the app on a gig..very impressed - all went smoothly great work Arlo
I came from using showplay on a laptop from many years , so it was a big step !
I have asked this before but didn't get anywhere
..the thing I REALLY miss is a decent elapsed timer for the RECORDING...in other words how far into a song I am
Im having to use the one on the recording controls which really is so small its a nightmare to read
All my lyrics are marked  with times for various things, so its useful to know where I am in a track
One just like the elapsed timer for SETS would be perfect

any chance ....please?!

cheers

Bill Padley

arlo

Here's your earlier thread about that:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1161.0.html

It's still on my wish list, but so far nobody else has requested this. If you're marking your lyrics with the elapsed time, perhaps you could mark them with the remaining time instead? Then use the resizable recording button with the countdown timer in your layouts.

I'm glad you're liking the app otherwise!

wakevortex

Thats a real shame 
sadly to go through 500ish  tracks with 5 or more time markers and DEDUCT the end time from each marker to get time left is a lot of work
Im really staggered more people aren't interested in knowing where they are timewise  in a song
So you cant just extract that info and add as a button...exactly like set elapsed time?
please reconsider next time you are making some changes Arlo :-)
thanks !

Bill Padley