Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Add recordings

Started by dosmun, August 21, 2017, 07:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dosmun

Is there going to be a better way to add recordings in the near future? The current options for iOS are painfully slow and involved. Setlist maker was  much better for adding recordings. I realize this will load Tgi multiple devices but if you have more than a few songs it's not really with the bother for practice purposes.

I used the itunes method. It's there a way to add more than one sing at a time?

arlo

It's easier to add recordings from the website, and you can upload either single recordings or batches of recordings. Instructions are here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/attaching_recordings.html

dosmun

I moved all of my music into the BandHelper app in iTunes. Still can't find it in Band Helper

dosmun

Finally got the batch method to work. Not quick but, got some of my music in there.

arlo

If you copied recordings into the BandHelper iOS app using iTunes File Sharing, you still need to link those recordings to your songs. You can do that by editing a song and clicking the Add Recordings button.

That's for adding a brand new recording. If you have imported a database from Set List Maker, it's definitely faster to do the batch upload from the website, as described on the Account > Import page.

dosmun

The batch upload added track numbers to the songs So I now have two of everything. In the process of renaming and removing duplicates.

arlo

That would happen if the files you uploaded included track numbers in their filenames. If you batch-upload files, the filenames need to match the song or recording names you already have in BandHelper, otherwise it will create new entries for those new filenames.

dosmun

Thank  you for your replies. If there is ever an option to add recordings like SLM Put me down for one vote. Again thanks for your product and support.

arlo

arlo

Today's BandHelper 4.0 release adds the ability to extract recordings from your iTunes Music Library. From the song edit page, you can click Add a Recording and then click iTunes.

All today's changes are listed here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html