Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Simultaneous Wireless Audio & MIDI

Started by Burgenoff, August 31, 2017, 10:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

From your troubleshooting info, I can see that your device has a Split View layout in landscape orientation, with the same specs as the Set List Only - Landscape layout that you showed in your screen shot above (attached again here). The only explanation I can think of for why that wasn't showing before is that you took that screen shot before loading the default layouts, and it is showing there now.

If it's still not showing there now, I'll give you exact instructions for adding an automation button to a different layout. First, tell me if you are intending to view lyrics from your phone while performing, and that will determine what layout we'll use.

Burgenoff

No I won't   See   the lyrics While performing.

arlo

1. Go to Repertoire > Layouts > More Controls > Edit Layout.
2. Click the Tempo button (metronome icon), then click its close button (X icon) to remove it.
3. Click the empty area where the Tempo button used to be.
4. Select Buttons > Automation Button from the Add Item menu.
5. Drag the icon to line it up with other items if needed.
6. Click the Back button in the top left corner three times to return to the Repertoire menu.
7. Go to Set Lists > [your set list name] > More Controls and select a song.
8. Click and hold the automation button to show its popup menu.
9. Use the recording controls to start a recording, then use the MIDI buttons to send your MIDI presets at the desired times.
10. Click the automation button to stop recording.
11. Click the song list button to show the song list, then select the current song again to reset its audio.
12. Click the automation button to play the automation track. It will start the recording, then send the MIDI presets, at the appropriate times.

Burgenoff

I don't see any metronome icon. This is what I see.

arlo

It looks like you dragged one of the divider lines up so it's covering the metronome icon. In your screen shot, I can see the metronome icon peeking out from behind the divider line that's selected.

Burgenoff

Don't know what you're talking about. It seems to be highly complicated. What do I do?

arlo

In your screen shot, look at the dark gray box with a close button on the left and a resize button on the right. That's a divider line that you clicked and dragged upwards. Now look carefully and you'll see a bit of the metronome button peeking out from behind it. It's mostly covered because you dragged the divider line on top of it. You can drag the divider line back down so the metronome icon is fully visible. Then proceed with the steps I sent you.

Ruckman65

Arlo, you have the patience of a saint. This is exemplary customer service!

arlo

Burgenoff

Quote from: arlo on November 07, 2017, 11:30:32 PM
4. Select Buttons > Automation Button from the Add Item menu.
I got this far.  I navigated back to the other location of the app where I thought I was supposed to see it. But I cannot see it.

arlo

Burgenoff

There is supposed to be an automation button, right? I put an image of that thing before, when I downloaded from some other portion of this website which was talking about a different application called set list maker which I'm not using (I'm using band helper).

But I don't see anywhere in the application the automation icon. Where is it

arlo

In my instructions above, did you do step 3 and did the popup appear to let you choose what button to add?

Burgenoff

I remember getting that far and not seeing a tempo button

Burgenoff