Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Layouts: Scrolling MIDI Presets?

Started by DaveCarusoMusic, August 09, 2017, 08:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveCarusoMusic

As a musician who takes requests, there are times in every show when I want to access all my most common patch changes.  Let's just say there are around 30 of them, from pianos to organs to synths, to horns, etc.  Requests are songs I don't necessarily have loaded in the Set List, because they are suggestions from the audience.

I created a "Song" called "Requests," and I added all of my most common keyboard patches to it.  Then I created a Show.  I added all my songs in, and for the requests portion of the show, I placed my Requests "Song" into the set list.  So far, so good!  Except the list doesn't scroll.  I can only see and access the MIDI Presets which fit on the screen.  They don't scroll.

Is there any way we can make the MIDI Presets scrollable?

Dave

arlo

Do you mean you're using the Multiple MIDI Buttons in your layout, and you've sized it to be shorter than the list of presets it contains, so you want to be able to scroll within that list of presets?

DaveCarusoMusic

I mean that I can't fit 30 presets on a Layout and still read the names.  So in order to see them all I'd like to be able to scroll them.

arlo

Are you using the Multiple MIDI Buttons in your layout? Maybe you can post a screen shot showing the problem, so submit a help ticket so I can see your layouts.

DaveCarusoMusic

here's a screen shot.  This is a song called "Requests."  I want to be able to access many MIDI Presets.  Only this many show at a time.  Let me know if you still don't understand and I'll submit a help ticket.

arlo

Okay, scrolling within the Multiple MIDI Buttons is on my to do list and I'll let you know when that's available.

DaveCarusoMusic

Excellent.  Please also let me know where I can tip you for your superior service.

arlo

That's not necessary, but if you feel inspired you could send something through PayPal to setlistmaker (at) arlomedia.com.

arlo

In the new app version released today, the Multiple MIDI Buttons layout item is scrollable. More info about the new version is here:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1786.0.html

DaveCarusoMusic

Thanks for remembering to post about the feature update here.  Very impressive.
The update hasn't appeared yet in App Updates, but I'm sure it will shortly.  Thanks again!

Uwe

Hi,
Is it possible to make the items in the list sortable by the user.
So that I can define which entry appears in which line?

arlo

Yes, go to the song edit page and scroll down to the MIDI Presets list and drag and drop them into the desired sequence.