Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Couple of questions about customizing layouts

Started by greiswig, May 13, 2018, 01:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greiswig

First, background color: I know the full document view is stark black with white text, which I prefer. But if I select one of the layouts to use instead, and want to keep it in "split view" mode for the performance, there's a brush-steel background. I can't seem to find a way to make that plain black?

Second, adding widgets: Some layouts have some great widgets, for example the auto-scroll counter. But others lack that widget. Is there a way to add that widget to, say, the "big lyrics" layout?

Third, and this may be more of a feature request: when flashing tempo, it would be nice to be able to have that give a couple of bars and then go out. That way it helps set tempo properly, but then gets out of the way.

arlo

First, background color: I know the full document view is stark black with white text, which I prefer. But if I select one of the layouts to use instead, and want to keep it in "split view" mode for the performance, there's a brush-steel background. I can't seem to find a way to make that plain black?

Sorry, there's no way to remove the background image currently.

Second, adding widgets: Some layouts have some great widgets, for example the auto-scroll counter. But others lack that widget. Is there a way to add that widget to, say, the "big lyrics" layout?

Yes, you can add any button to any layout. Instructions are here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/changing_layouts.html

Third, and this may be more of a feature request: when flashing tempo, it would be nice to be able to have that give a couple of bars and then go out. That way it helps set tempo properly, but then gets out of the way.

You can go to Settings > Tempo & Pitch and set the Auto-Stop Time or Auto-Stop Bars.

greiswig

I had found that last one after I posted. You've clearly thought through a lot of the functionality! Thanks for that.

As for that autoscroll counter button, I know how to add buttons to a layout. My problem is that either that particular button doesn't appear in my pick list or I don't know what it is called. The closest might be "automation button," but that's different.

arlo

arlo

The new app version released today includes Settings > Appearance > Lyrics Solid Background, which will place a solid background cover over the textured background, behind the lyrics and chords field. I hope that helps in your situation.