Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Author Topic: Notification only working for confirmed events?  (Read 198 times)

Chris

Notification only working for confirmed events?
« on: April 04, 2019, 02:16:16 AM »
Hi arlo,
just submitted to the Pro-modules this morning and directly tried the schedule-functions.
Am I right in assuming that a notification is only sent to checked users if an event is confirmed?
If so, I would like to request a new feature:

We often add events to our schedule that are still in "requested" status but already want to double-check whether all band-members are available.
I thought that if I add a new event without confirming it but check the box for requested feedback, a notification is sent as well.
This seemingly is not how Bandhelper currently works as I did only receive notifications for confirmed events.

Can you enlighten me please?

Regards,
Chris

arlo

• Administrator
Re: Notification only working for confirmed events?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 04:24:12 AM »
Acceptance requests are sent for unconfirmed events. If you want to use the acceptance request feature, you typically would not mark an event as confirmed until enough band mates have accepted it.

I think what you're seeing is that when you manage an event, BandHelper doesn't send acceptance requests to you, because it assumes you already know about the event and can enter your availability when you're setting up the event. You can, however, confirm that the requests are sent to your bandmates from the Account > Notifications page, which is a log of all sent notifications.

Chris

Re: Notification only working for confirmed events?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 05:18:53 AM »
Already assumed so but was unsure.
Many thanks for the explanation.