Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

confused with old vs. new layout names

Started by Tasten-Bert, September 03, 2021, 10:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tasten-Bert

Hi everybody,

I'm a little bit confused everytime I look in a new database for my favourite layouts. That what used to be ,,Practice" now is ,,More Controls" (Practice was more specific to me), ,,List only" seems to be ,,Big Setlist". The change itself is not my main issue, but that all old databases keep the old layout names and all new ones only have the new names is too much for me. Doesn't keep it simple, intuitive.

Does anyone know a way to rename some of them, database by database?

Cheers from Germany

Chris

Hi Tasten-Bert,

maybe I am missing the point here but why do you have different layouts per database anyways? Or do you mean different accounts by database?
As if you are referring to the projects, you can simply use one layout for all of them.

Regards,
Chris

arlo

You can go to Help > Utilities > Rename Default Layouts to rename existing layouts to the new default names.

Tasten-Bert

Thanks, Arlo,

I did that now. First I tried a different way - I found out that I can overwrite a layout's name with the former one. But then I found out that every new database, which means every new band or project, would anyway start with your new layout names, which would make my idea of conserving the wellknown and beloved name ,,Practice" a never ending task.

To Chris and your question why I have different layout names: there must have been a date around 2017 that Arlo has modified the naming. My older band's databases were still using the old names and I was very much used to them. You may now ask why I only realized this now. No idea!

Cheers from Germany

PS: have played two great gigs the past two Saturdays - one with rock band and one with singer only at a wedding - and Set List Maker was a reliable, very good tool for me. Thanks, Arlo

arlo

You can rename the More Controls layout to Practice if you want, but as you said, you will have to do that for every new database.

Alternatively, you can export your Practice layout and then import that into every new database, and ignore or delete the default layouts. This is especially useful if you have any customizations in your layout.