Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

What's New in Set List Maker (Nov. 2021)

Started by arlo, November 10, 2021, 09:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian311

Will we be able to scroll midi presets left to right along one line at the bottom of the document?
Cheers Brian

arlo

Midi presets take up as much space as song titles given they need a descriptive word or words to identify eg "High distortion lead with delay"  and need to be easily read

But you usually don't have as many presets attached to a song as you have songs in a set list, so the list wouldn't need to be as long.

Will we be able to scroll midi presets left to right along one line at the bottom of the document?

Yes, when laid out vertically the presets can scroll vertically and when laid out horizontally they can scroll horizontally.

Brian311

Hi Arlo
Please note when I go to full doc and then edit song list it appears impossible to resize this on my new iPad (M1 chip)

Is it possible to scroll sng list horizontally like presets ?

also just  to clarify  - I don't set presets for all 700 songs and sometimes want to experiment with the 50 tone presets and voice presets I have or select a different  one from the preset - hence why a list of presets can be handy

Hope you find the feedback handy - I love this app!!
Cheers
Brian

Brian311

So when I try to resize the setlist it just activates my notes app as the sizing button is bottom right which I can't seem to turn off

arlo

QuotePlease note when I go to full doc and then edit song list it appears impossible to resize this on my new iPad

Is that because of...

Quotewhen I try to resize the setlist it just activates my notes app as the sizing button is bottom right which I can't seem to turn off

That is an annoying new iOS feature; I haven't looked into whether it can be turned off. But I find that if I tap and hold the resize button for a moment before dragging it, that avoids activating the iOS Notes feature.

Is it possible to scroll sng list horizontally like presets ?

No, the song list only scrolls vertically.

arlo

If you don't need to see your song list while playing your songs, the easiest solution here is to use a layout like More Buttons or Overlapping Buttons and show the larger document for all songs. Then use a two-fingered tap to show the song list between songs.

But if you do need to see your song list while playing your songs, but on some songs you want to trade that space for a larger document, you could try this:

1) Select two layouts you want to switch between, like Split View and More Buttons. Then go to the Layouts list and edit the details for all the layouts above the gray line, except those two, and turn off the Active switch.

2) Edit the details for those two layouts and set Next Layout to Three-Fingered Tap.

3) For the layout that shows the larger document, edit the song list and turn off Show Initially.

Now view a show with the split view layout. When you want the document larger, tap with three fingers to switch to the other layout. When you're done, tap with three fingers to switch back.

The only downside to this is that most functions will reset when you change layouts, like auto-scrolling, tempo playback, etc. So you'll need to decide that you want the larger document before starting the song if you're using functions like that. (The recording can keep playing if you turn on Settings > Audio & MIDI > Continue Audio When Changing Songs.)

Brian311

Thanks Arlo
Sounds like a clever solution Cheers