Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Leaving Notes... Is Annotate a solution?

Started by rightgood, January 20, 2022, 11:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rightgood

I'm hoping to leave a note on a setlist for every time I play it someplace so I don't repeat the same playlist next time. I've tried using Annotate when displaying a setlist on my remote tablet, but the notes disappear or are being attached to something else. I can never find any test notes I've left using Annotate. Is this a feature I can use for this? Is there another solution?

arlo

The annotation function is for documents, not set lists. You can enter text into the Notes field for a set list. If you're looking at this in a language other than English, these two terms might be confusing.

However, the best way to track when you used a set list, in Plus and Pro accounts, is to enter an event for your performance, then attach the event to the set list. Then on the set list edit page you'll see a list of events that the set list was previously used for.

rightgood

I'm striking out in my efforts. I upgraded my account to Plus. Then added an event. but it disappeared or was never findable after that. so I entered another (Jan 18 user rightgood) but can't view it on my calendar.

also, i'm struggling to find any way to add events to my set lists in edit or add songs mode.

when all's said and done, will I be able to see the attached events in my remote tablet, not just my home based computer version of BH?

arlo

QuoteThen added an event. but it disappeared or was never findable after that. so I entered another (Jan 18 user rightgood) but can't view it on my calendar.

For specific troubleshooting, please submit a help ticket:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia/

Quotei'm struggling to find any way to add events to my set lists in edit or add songs mode

I'm not sure what you mean. You can attach an event to a set list from the set list's Edit Details page.

Quotewill I be able to see the attached events in my remote tablet, not just my home based computer version of BH?

Yes, the events will appear on all your devices.

rightgood

Thanks for the suggestion, but adding an event to a setlist doesn't work in my case where I trying to add multiple event instances that use a setlist. So I can quickly review, as I set up for a gig, if I played  a certain setlist at that venue and how recently. I may have played that setlist ten times at other places and they'd all be listed there for me to see. Adding events doesn't seem to satisfy that.

Re: Setlist notes. When I add a setlist note in the setlist details page, I haven't found that that note is displayed elsewhere. Am I missing something? If I could see that note on my tablet when pulling up a setlist, I'd have my solution.

arlo

I may have played that setlist ten times at other places and they'd all be listed there for me to see. Adding events doesn't seem to satisfy that.

I'm not sure what you're asking for that that function doesn't address.

When I add a setlist note in the setlist details page, I haven't found that that note is displayed elsewhere. Am I missing something?

If the set list notes button isn't in your layout, you can click the Edit Layout button in the top toolbar, select Edit Details, scroll down to Top Toolbar Buttons and turn on Set List Notes.

rightgood

Let me close this out with this final note. It's the notes. Yes. I can create notes for my set lists (edit setlist details) noting each time I have played a set list, then turn on notes display for each effected layout (edit layout details) Then I'll see a pushpin icon displayed in the Setlist description AND clicking on the pushpin icon the note is displayed! PERFECTO!

I don't think the developer should assume though that a user such a me who's used BH for years in a stable setup without the use of notes, would know where to find how to do this without extensive digging. I'm glad I dug.  (I dig BH.)