Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Problems exporting a database file

Started by Grant Yonge, January 31, 2024, 01:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Yonge

Of late I am finding that when I go to export a datbase file, SLM is only giving me the option to export a .txt file... not the full database file.  Both my devices (and my band mates) are running the most current version of the app.
Has something changed... am I missing something?

arlo

What OS and app version numbers are shown on the Help > About page in the app?

Grant Yonge

OS version 16.6.1
App version 2024-1-26 (116)

arlo

Are you clicking Export Settings instead of Export Database? That would generate a .txt file.

Grant Yonge

I've tried both and get the same result.

Tasten-Bert

This made me curious and I've just tried. Indeed the file info while exporting a database says Text Document, but checked at the file backup the format is sqlite. I re-imported this very file and everything appears normal.

OS 16.7.2
SLM 2024-01-26 iOS

Hope this helps a bit, cheers from Germany

arlo

Yes, I see that the iOS file browser shows the database name, file size and "Text Document" when saving, but it is not a text document and does save correctly.

Grant Yonge

Ok, that makes sense, thanks.

I'm just curious though, I used to be able to airdrop the SQLite file from one device to another and, as long as I had the relevant database open in the receiving device, it would automatically import. That functionality seems to have disappeared?

arlo

Grant Yonge

Ahh ok, I see what it's doing now. It ignores the open SLM database and saves the SQLite file on the receiving device.... I can then go and import the database by picking up the downloaded file.

That helps me out of a jam, but as feedback for you Arlo, it was very convenient to be able to receive the file straight into an SLM database. Any chance that functionality can make a comeback in a future version?

arlo

It looks like this has changed in recent iOS versions. I'll see if I can make it work that way again.

Grant Yonge

Thanks, that would be much appreciated!

arlo

This should be working again in the new app version released today. Depending on your iOS version, iOS now shows an option to open the Airdropped file in Set List Maker or copy it to Files ... but that's just one extra click and if you select Set List Maker it should work as before.