Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

export entire application backup from one ipad to another

Started by jeebustrain, December 08, 2014, 04:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeebustrain

I just picked up a new iPad and I'd like to migrate all of the app settings (including past setlists, documents, midi presets, etc..) to a new iPad. When I played with the "export to bandhelper" option a bit back, I noticed that it only moved the songs and didn't move the midi presets or the past setlists. Is there a way to move the whole thing over?

arlo

Please see the item in the FAQ, "How can I move all my data to a new iOS device?"

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/FAQ.html

And for the record, I'm not aware of any problems importing MIDI presets or set lists into BandHelper.

jeebustrain

Hi Arlo. Thanks for the link. I think I spoke too soon, though. I had looked into the iCloud backup feature but it was looking to get a little convoluted because I had already set up the new ipad. I was looking for a way to just copy the settings.

I ended up mounting it on my linux machine and was able to manually copy the data files from the AppDocument directory on one to the other. I just had to kill the app on the ipad and reload it.

com.arlomedia.setlistmaker.plist contained all my application settings and the root Library directory contained a .plist file for each of my databases. Documents were contained in there as well. Took all of about 5 minutes to do.