Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Wireless Midi - PUC

Started by Moon Dog, November 26, 2014, 08:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon Dog

Hello fellow SLMers....

I just bought the wireless midi device PUC. (www.mipuc.com)
PUC works over WiFi.

Everything appears to be installed properly and I see the PUC network....everything connects as advertised....

But the PUC does not recognize any Midi messages sent by Setlist Maker....

In the Midi Presets area of SLM I can see the PUC network under ports....I activated that for a preset but that did nothing.

Arlo? Anyone try this yet? Any suggestions?

HELP!!!!

Thanks

Moon Dog

arlo

The PUC requires its own app to translate MIDI between other apps and the wi-fi receiver. Did you set that up?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puc-connect/id821789942?mt=8#

Also, the PUC can send or receive MIDI, but not both. Did you set it to send MIDI?

Moon Dog

Arlo.
Thanks for the response.
Yes Puc Connect is setup.
I am able to connect to the Puc Wifi...that all works
It just doesn't receive Midi.
There is no place I can find to set the PUC to Receive MIDI.

I sent an email to support and they said they have an update coming out that will allow this to be set with PUC Connect....

So apparently I am blazing trails....again.

Have a great Thanksgiving Arlo. I am thankful for you.

arlo

I sent an email to support and they said they have an update coming out that will allow this to be set with PUC Connect....

Hmm, they told me a couple weeks ago that it could be switched within the app. Maybe that wasn't actually ready yet, or it was broken and they're fixing it.

Have a great Thanksgiving Arlo. I am thankful for you.

Aw shucks ...  :D Enjoy the holiday!

Till2875

They've been working on this since it first came out and have finally got it working. The PUC is now capable of both sending and receiving data. Just download or update the app and update the firmware when prompted. Then set the toggle in the app to midi in or out. Works great with very low latency....

arlo

The PUC is now capable of both sending and receiving data.

Cool!