Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Can't upload lyrics any more to documents

Started by Ralph, March 30, 2015, 02:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph

At today I can't import my word,pdf lyrics any more.
If I upload a file it shows the little file icon but when I click on it it is empty.

My other band member has the same problem.

arlo

Please tap Help > Request Tech Support in the app and answer the questions there. Your answers should include a description of how you are uploading the files, and how you are trying to view them.

Ralph

Hi Arlo,
it seems that the files are uploaded but the text is black on black so I can't see it. ::) idd never used documents only your intern lyric editor

I put a picture of my band helper webpage . if I click on the download icon on the right, i can see the text in my text editor.
on the IOS I can change the Word Documents Colors to inverted and I see the lyrics why is this on the band helper site not.

some of my band members have android devices and they the conversion does not work.

arlo

If you're talking about Word files in the web interface or the Android app, you will not see them because only PDF files are supported on those platforms. Does that answer your question? If not, please use the Help > Request Tech Support button and answer the questions there.

Ralph

Quote from: arlo on March 31, 2015, 02:56:04 PM
If you're talking about Word files in the web interface or the Android app, you will not see them because only PDF files are supported on those platforms. Does that answer your question? If not, please use the Help > Request Tech Support button and answer the questions there.

thanks Arlo,

I see that now too , Ive converted some files to PDF and they appear . I'dd used to IOS but some members have android.

Is this an android thing or is it not possible in your app, and will this be supported in the future?

arlo

iOS has a built-in ability to display several document formats, but Android doesn't. I licensed third-party software to show the PDFs, but it would be too expensive to do that for Word and other formats.

Franz

Hello  :)

I have the same problem as Ralph on the Mac (Maverick).

There is only a white color title on a black page and no text for the .doc and .txt files.

Only the .pdf files work.

arlo

That's right, the web interface only displays PDF files. Actually this is browser-dependent and some browsers can use a Word plug-in to display Word files, but by default only PDF files are supported.