Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Using recordings from iTunes

Started by Franz, May 27, 2015, 02:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franz

hello  :)

sorry for my bad english  :-[

I bought this app because it can use the songs of the Apple native app music( which are in my iTunes songs) of the ipad without need to load them in Set list Maker (the ipad has not enough memory) and it works very well  ;)

I try now the first month for test the BandHelper app but it needs to load the songs files in the ipad and I want not to do that cause small memory  ... BUT if it would be possible to prepare the repertoires on the Mac and send them in Set List Maker of the ipad without sending the songs files (because it would use the songs of the app "music" of the ipad) I would be happy because it's more easy for me to prepare with the computer.

Do you understand what I mean ?  :-[

arlo

Quote from: Franz on May 27, 2015, 02:24:35 AM
I try now the first month for test the BandHelper app but it needs to load the songs files in the ipad and I want not to do that cause small memory  ... BUT if it would be possible to prepare the repertoires on the Mac and send them in Set List Maker of the ipad without sending the songs files (because it would use the songs of the app "music" of the ipad) I would be happy because it's more easy for me to prepare with the computer.

That's on my wish list, but it probably won't happen because recordings can't be synced between devices if we use the recordings in iTunes, and syncing recordings between devices is a main benefit of BandHelper compared to Set List Maker.

Franz

thank you for your answer  :)

Perhaps it is possible ? ... For exemple with implementation of choice options: "use with iTunes files (without syncing recordings between devices)" , "export only the list" , "export the songs files"

Definitely I am dreaming    ;D

arlo

Do you really not have enough space on your device? You'd only need 1 GB to store 200 recordings averaging 5 MB each.

Franz

Roberte

Quote from: Franz on May 27, 2015, 02:24:35 AM
hello  :)

sorry for my bad english  :-[

I bought this app because it can use the songs of the Apple native app music( which are in my iTunes songs) of the ipad without need to load them in Set list Maker (the ipad has not enough memory) and it works very well  ;)

Do you understand what I mean ?  :-[
Hi franz.
Ich verstehe dein Problem nicht. Du hast ja die Songs unter Musik im iPad, dann kannst du die Songs ins SLM importieren ohne mehr Speicher zu brauchen, da das App SLM Ur eine Verknüpfung zu den Titeln herstellt. Texte die du am Computer in iTunes eingefügt hast kannst du unter Songs im SLM auch nachbearbeiten und dir im SLM anzeigen lassen.
Bei Fragen kannst du mich gerne kontaktieren. Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Robert

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

arlo

Quote from: Roberte on June 09, 2015, 01:17:53 AM
Ich verstehe dein Problem nicht.

Franz is asking about BandHelper, which doesn't use the recordings in iTunes.

Roberte

Oh sorry.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

arlo

No problem, thanks for offering to help. I love to see users helping each other. :-)

arlo

BandHelper 2.4 was released today with the ability to manually distribute files to your devices (e.g., using a USB cable and iTunes File Sharing) rather than syncing them over the Internet:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html#ios_2_4

It still doesn't access recordings through iTunes. If you want to save storage space on your device, you could remove these recordings from the iTunes music library and add them directly to the BandHelper app instead. This feature also allows you to install the recordings on some devices but not others; devices that don't have the recordings installed will show a disabled recording play button.

More info on the new version is here:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1051.0.html