Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Consolidated events overview of different projects

Started by Chris, March 29, 2019, 04:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

That was actually the initial setting. I added the end-date as I thought this might make a difference.
Also after withdrawing the end-date again, the event is still showing in the widget.

arlo

Okay. I bet if it's still showing yesterday's gig, it will disappear at the end of today. That could be a time zone issue.

Chris

Already assumed that. Will keep an eye on it  :)

Chris

Quote from: arlo on June 17, 2019, 12:32:10 PM
Okay. I bet if it's still showing yesterday's gig, it will disappear at the end of today. That could be a time zone issue.

Totally right. Event was gone this morning (GMT+1 that is).

Cheers

arlo

Chris

Quote from: Chris on June 13, 2019, 11:06:05 AM
I played around a bit with the widget you already provide, arlo, and I must say that it already suits my needs from a details- and formatting-perspective.
Might it be easier for you to allow a widget selecting events based on a Bandhelper-user (i.e. login) before creating a new JSON-feed on the long run?

I could imagine the connected database-request to check for the username instead of the project-number (which I assume is the current way it works).
If this would be an option indeed and you need somebody for testing, I will gladly volunteer :)

Until you find the time for implementing one of the alternate options, I am using a separate project functioning as a "gig-overview" only. As I can add each event to multiple projects, I simple add all of them to the overview-project and use the connected widget.
Not sure why I did not come up with that idea earlier...

Cheers

arlo

Yesterday's release adds a JSON feed option to the calendar widget page, and those settings have been moved to Account > Website Widgets.

All yesterday's changes are listed here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html

Chris

JerryK

Quote from: Chris on June 13, 2019, 06:16:48 AM
Hi Jerry,

thanks for the idea.
Already thought about that option and I have set up an iCal-feed in my calendar already to have all my projects show on there.
But for my webpage, I do not consider it working as it would show all gigs (even the non-confirmed or non-public ones which I want hidden).
Or am I missing a filtering option I could use to prevent those from showing?

Regards,
Chris

Google calendar offers a choice per-entry of Public or Private

Chris

@JerryK: thanks for the explanation. I am using the JSON-feed now though.

@arlo: great implementation! I am now able to format the gig-overview as desired :)

Chris

Hi arlo,

just wondering whether there is an option to show cancelled gigs on my website as well (i.e. by having them crossed out).
Idea is that currently, somebody checking my website might see a gig today but not the next time he/she returns to my site being unsure why it has gone...
I would prefer that a gig if marked as "public" which gets cancelled does not simply vanish from the feed.

I did not find an according setting in the widgets area so assume this is not yet possible?

Regards,
Chris

arlo

arlo

Okay, this is done. Cancelled events will appear, with their dates crossed out and the word "Cancelled" after the date. You can override the style of the bandhelper_cancelled and bandhelper_cancelled_label CSS classes if you wish.

My band has had some events cancelled this week, too.  :(

Chris

Quote from: arlo on March 12, 2020, 12:22:18 PM
Okay, this is done. Cancelled events will appear, with their dates crossed out and the word "Cancelled" after the date. You can override the style of the bandhelper_cancelled and bandhelper_cancelled_label CSS classes if you wish.

My band has had some events cancelled this week, too.  :(

Am I guessing correctly this is not yet done for the JSON-feed? As there is no crossing out yet... would you have a quick idea how I can have it solved? If not, I will simply add a note to the event instead.