Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Recent posts

Repertoire Help / Re: Copy smart list into setli...
Last post by arlo - April 22, 2024, 07:10:25 PM
Currently there is not a function to do this, but it is on my to do list and I'll let you know when it's available.
Repertoire Help / Copy smart list into setlist
Last post by ondrejs - April 22, 2024, 01:16:38 PM
Hi, loving Bandhelper, it is great. I have a question I wasn't able to figure out.
Can I make regular setlist out of a smartlist?
Use case: I use smartlist to filter out "candidate" songs for a gig, for instance slow songs, or songs not played recently, etc. After that I want to a make regular setlist out of it, which I can further edit manually, add breaks, pauses, etc... How do I do that?
Thanks a lot!
Repertoire Help / Re: BandHelper and DMX (Lumina...
Last post by cfautley - April 22, 2024, 12:08:01 PM
That sounds like what I am wanting. How does photon2 connect to DMX ? - are there  different versions of photon2 or is it a once off cost? Do I need additional hardware or is it all software?
Much appreciated
Repertoire Help / Re: App control with Ampero Co...
Last post by arlo - April 22, 2024, 11:00:35 AM
Presumably because the corresponding settings aren't set. I can confirm that if you send a screen shot of the Remote Control Status window.
Last post by jeff9661 - April 22, 2024, 10:49:53 AM
MIDI messages are being received but they are not getting associated with a BandHelp action. Why not?

Repertoire Help / Re: PDF with markings - low re...
Last post by arlo - April 22, 2024, 10:05:29 AM
He's not doing anything wrong, I just haven't put as much effort into optimizing the drawing as Apple and Forscore have. I can put that on my wish list.
Repertoire Help / Re: Send MIDI messages in Paus...
Last post by arlo - April 22, 2024, 09:55:42 AM
That's correct, you cannot pin different MIDI presets to different pauses.

If you are trying to do things that are specific to a particular song, I recommend doing that within the song itself rather than in a pause that comes before or after it. Then you don't have to take the extra step of keeping songs together with their adjacent pauses when you build or edit a set list.
Last post by arlo - April 22, 2024, 09:52:28 AM
"My problem is I'm not sure whether to use Foot Switch Messages or one of the MIDI Messages (System, Controller or Note)"

Your foot switch is sending MIDI Note messages, so that's what you should select on Settings > App Control.

From what you reported seeing in the App Control activity log, BandHelper is receiving the Note message but it isn't mapped to any actions. Can you post a screen shot of the App Control window, which lists the actions and triggers you currently have set up?
Other Help / Re: Turn off all tips
Last post by arlo - April 22, 2024, 09:37:23 AM
Are you using a new device for the first time? Otherwise newly added help tips shouldn't appear. (For BandHelper, they will only appear for a new user but Set List Maker doesn't have users.) When adding a new device, I would recommend running through the app functions before your next gig to make sure all your settings are as you need them, and then you could dismiss the help tips, too.